Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Feet to the fire, and other loving things a father does

Finish strong. I have heard that so many times, and I have SAID it so many times that my kids are quite tired of it. But the thing is, nobody can actually put pressure on you unless you allow them to.

Example - God has a standard. A way of living which honors him. I just read 1Timothy chapters 2-5 and believe me, there is a standard of Godly living. But God doesn't seem to strike us from the face of the earth if we do not live that way. Old Testament nations did have that unhappy end from time to time, but not so today. No, instead, if we call ourselves by the name of Christ and if we are in a loving relationship with Him we put the pressure on ourselves. How so? We want to please our heavenly father.

That - of course - is the most intense pressure of all, is it not?

No comments:

Post a Comment