Monday, April 19, 2010

Not Applicable

I have found an interesting formula in my life. OK - to be more precise, I have found that there are dozens, even hundreds of formulas in my life. What do I mean? Glad you asked.

There are certain things which I do - these are called 'behaviors' by people who study this stuff - which result in certain changes. Simply put, "if I do what I have always done, I'll get the results that I have always gotten."

There are sayings, aphorisms, proverbs, even posters which proclaim similar thoughts. These come to mind:

No pain, no gain.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Nobody who ever quit, won.


These are common sayings, but I tend to dismiss them as 'cute,' or 'not applicable' to me. But they are applicable to me. And many more are as well. Bummer.

If I eat a lot, I'll weigh a lot. If I walk five days in a week, I'll lose five pounds that week, providing I watch what I eat at the same time. Weight Watchers has a saying about it's program: "if you do it a little, you'll lose a little. If you do it a lot, you'll lose a lot." I don't know if I have that just right, I'll Google it later.

Point is - our behavior does effect our life. We cannot break laws of man, God, or society and expect to get away with it, no matter how special we think we are.

So - what does God expect of us?

Great question!

No comments:

Post a Comment