Monday, October 25, 2010

It has been a tough road

Well, it's been a while since I have blogged. I have posted dozens of pictures on FaceBook, and put very vulnerable updates in which I bared my soul. I have tried to do what I think pleases God in these other ways, but for some reason He has called me back to blog. I have no idea if this is for anybody's good besides my own, but I'm going to do it anyway. There's nothing wrong with responding to God - even if I AM the only one who get's anything out of it. If I draw closer to God, those people around me will eventually get some of the overflow no matter what.

So - here I am. Sitting at the computer. For those of you who care, I'm a bit sweaty - I just returned from a one mile walk. I pushed it, but I didn't time it, so I don't know what pace I held, but I am so out of shape that it was hard work to keep any kind of pace at all. It is amazing how fast time can slip by when you stop working out or exercising. I have a friend who goes to the gym all the time. I was going to say 'every day,' but I think he has a pattern which involves some days off. It's part of a good regimen to have some breaks, of course, so you don't exhaust or damage your muscles, but even he has noted that if he skips more than a few DAYS it is noticeably harder once he gets back to his program.

And any of us can vouch that it takes about three weeks - roughly - to get a new habit in place. But for me, at least, it only takes about three days to lose it.

And gain weight? Yes I have. I have a plan: I want to get back on my program using the mobile app on my phone, logging my eating and reading all the little newsletters and other support items available from WW to get to the point that when I walk back through the door and begin again, I will be somewhat close to where I was when I last attended.

In other words, I have been so used to being held up as a 'success' by the teachers, who regularly point me out as having lost 80 pounds (even though I only got close to that amount) that I have been set up: I don't want to walk back in there and admit I have fallen off the wagon.

Ah, wretched man that I am. Ah the humanity that is me.

OK - a cup of coffee and a very low-point breakfast is waiting. Keep me accountable - let me know if you read this. Perhaps we can buddy up and help each other.

1 comment:

  1. Charles been waiting for you to blog again and start walking as well, glad to see both are now in operation. Working out ,yes is tough sometimes but on the days that i was the most tired and still went to the gym I had my best numbers. I don't know why but once you get to the gym or determine to get out and walk your body will respond. Its just something you do.I will see you at 200 one day.

    ReplyDelete