Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Slog Blog

Sometimes I have these amazing moments early in the morning when I open God's word and stuff just jumps off the page. Not so much today. I read Jeremiah 9, 10 and 11. It has a bunch of doom and gloom, but it does have this cool passage:

23 This is what the LORD says:
"Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom
or the strong man boast of his strength
or the rich man boast of his riches,

24 but let him who boasts boast about this:
that he understands and knows me,
that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,"
declares the LORD.

That's a promise that even when things are bleak, even when God himself allows our lives to swallow us up, He will still exercise kindness, justice and righteousness. No, it doesn't say that He will immediately rescue us, but He will be with us, and ultimately His ways will win out.

Good enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment