Friday, February 25, 2011

A weak week


I can't believe a week has flown by since I last blogged. I am speaking at my church this Sunday, so I assure you I HAVE been up early each morning, studying and writing. But most of it will end up in my sermon... wait... only some of it will end up in my sermon, but I still didn't want to post it here for the one or two people who would have to read it, then hear it again on Sunday.

My daughter!! Oh man! I have never wanted to hop on an airplane and go give her a hug so badly as right now. She hurt her foot - and doesn't even know exactly how she did so - and is having a very hard time walking around the campus. The school she attends is not all that huge by University Standards, but it's no tiny little thing either, so I can imagine her limping around and arriving late to classes and all that. None of which is normally acceptable to her. But it gets better -

She chose a difficult topic for a ten-page research paper, and it has been tough going. She has admitted - and this is the first time I think I have ever heard he say this - that it is real tough taking in all this new data and even beginning to put it down in the form of a ten page paper is about to beat her. That's huge, and I have been praying for her. But then a day or two ago she posted on Facebook that somebody stole her laptop computer. She doesn't have a desktop or a backup computer - so she has to *limp* to the Library and do her work on the school's computers. None of this would be fun for anybody, but she truly had her 'life' on that computer, so I can't tell you how much I want to go to her, hug her, make her smile, and then 'solve' all of this.

But, of course, the most important lessons in life are generally learned outside of the classroom, so we are praying, and staying here.

If you see this Kristen - we love you, and we are praying for you. You WILL own this.

No comments:

Post a Comment