Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Just thinking...

Wow - it's a gray day on the coast! I looked out this morning, I even let the dog out and watched as she stepped around puddles, but I didn't really realize that it had actually rained a little until I saw a post about it on Facebook.

Makes me think - where do I get my information about the world around me? There are two worlds I live in: the physical, which is falling apart I'm afraid. But I also live in the spiritual: connected to God by a relationship with Jesus Christ.

I guess I had better be sure which one has pre-eminence. If I am sad because my business is doing so poorly, but not bothered by the people around me who have no hope for eternity, I may be letting the wrong world be my focus.

Makes me think...

2 comments:

  1. great thought col.3.1 says it best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colossians 3
    Rules for Holy Living
    1Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.

    ReplyDelete