Monday, March 14, 2011

Busy busy boy

I just had a whirlwind weekend. I had a busy week first, then I had a lot of work on Saturday. Sunday I traveled with our Pastoral Search Committee to a church about an hour away. A 'debriefing' followed at a local restaurant, then the drive home, an afternoon with some friends over while trying to nap, digest and spend time with my daughter - who we later drove to LAX to jet back to school in Florida.

So much for my day of rest.

But - it was all heartwarming and good. First, the pastor we went to hear did a fine job. He's not as flashy as some we have heard, but his manner was perfect in another way: it allows the Spirit to 'sneak' the message into your heart. He fully allows the Holy Spirit to do the heavy lifting, and I am very happy to announce that all of the people who went with us reported that the message hit home. That's a step in the right direction. Anointed preaching is powerful even if it isn't loud.

And the afternoon was not a disaster: I did get a short nap, and Hope, Kristen, Noni and Barbie had a 'girls night out' before we loaded up and drove KJ to LAX. And a late flight on a Sunday night is apparently 'the bomb' as far as we can tell. No crowds, no lines for security or check-in, and the TSA agents were actually in good moods. Too bad we didn't find that out sooner: Kristen graduates in eight weeks.

Are you following all of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment