Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A moment frozen in time for ever

I had my picture taken the other day. I am very excited to see how things come out. It was done by a professional - and it will be very expensive when all is said and done. But I think that the end result will be a moment, frozen in time, that my friends and loved ones can derive great pleasure and joy from. In fact, most will laugh out loud if I look the way I think I am going to look.

The photographer was a robot. No offense, but I mean he dogmatically stuck to one way of doing things. He was just doing exactly what he was told. No creativity whatsoever. One basic shot angle, same lighting each time, one from the front and one from the rear, and that's it. I'm pretty sure that there will be no real artistic value in the end product. Lots of humor value as I mentioned, but not really art.

My wife was not thrilled. She knew approximately how much this type of photo shoot can cost, and even though I tried to make it sound upbeat when I told her about it, I think she was actually disappointed in me. Money is real tight for us right now, and I should not be doing things like this. I promised to do better in the future, and I can tell you this - I have been much more careful since.

If I can, I'll scan in the picture when it comes in the mail. And if you desire to contribute to the cause, I will gladly sell you a copy. And - if possible - you really don't want to use this same photographer yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Pahahahaha niiiiiiice. Didn't have a clue what you were leading up to :D

    ReplyDelete