Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Brand-name logo on God's child?

3 John 1: 11 Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God."

I have seen too many young people imitating what is evil - and unfortunately, some of those observations began decades ago, so those people are really no longer young. What am I saying? There are powerful forces at work in the world to draw us away from purity, righteousness, honesty, grace and the humility that honors God. And those powers are nothing new, so people around me of all ages tend to display this amazing power to be like the rich, powerful, famous or even just the popular. And according to the verse we just read, that is not good.

I'm going to think about this one as I hit the ground running today - join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment