Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Truth


John 18:36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

37 “You are a king, then!” said Pilate.

Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”

38 “What is truth?” retorted Pilate."

Jesus said that He came into the world to testify to the truth. And even though Pilate doesn't seem to know what truth is, I do. And you do too, if you read the word at all. The Bible contains the truth - but sometimes it is hard to swallow. For example, the reason God sent Jesus into the world? Because we need a savior. Why do we need a savior? Because "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Which means, in other words - if God had NOT sent Jesus, we all would be doomed. That's the truth. Not that we deserve it, not that we were his special one, or that we were so close to being perfect that we needed just a little help ... no. We were and are corrupt, ruined, damaged, separated from God and destined for eternity in Hell. And were it not for what Jesus did on the cross for us, that's exactly what we would be headed for, still.

And THAT, my friend, is the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment