Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wholesome thinking


2 Peter 3:1 Dear friends, this is now my second letter to you. I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking. 2 I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles. "

This little tidbit of truth from the opening remarks of the book of 2 Peter could so easily be overlooked - but it is truth, and truth has the power to change. I was thinking about the passage in Revelation where John records the words of Jesus as He warns the church that they had left their "first love." (Revelation 2:4 - the church of Ephesus)

So - if we had to form a graph somehow, showing the level of wholesome thinking in our life - would the trend be up, down, or flat?

Hmm. OK God - I get it.

3 comments:

  1. It was Jesus who warned about their first love not John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was referring to John, the one who was recording Jesus' words. Sorry, I should have made that more clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew that,I was just being me.

    ReplyDelete