Friday, January 14, 2011

Can you hear me now?

I got up very early this morning and found that I had no Internet connection. It was so very early that I couldn't very well go knock on my Son's door and ask him if they could check the modem etc. In fact, Stephen is off in Orlando, FL on a business trip, and I am pretty sure my DIL would not appreciate being woken from sleep before sunup to fix my computer troubles. So - I went back to bed.

I lay there - wide awake since the coffee seemed to be already working full strength - and wondered what it would be like if my prayer life suddenly stopped in the same manner as our Internet did. And I realized that there have been times in my life when it sure seemed that way. But God promises us that he hears and answers prayers, and that the The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much (James 5:16), so I need to keep it up even during times when I feel the connection has been lost.

1 comment:

  1. So - did your Internet ever get fixed?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete