Monday, January 10, 2011

What's this "Sweet Sorrow" stuff about?!

A few days ago I noticed that my daughter had posted something on facebook about "only four more days until I go home." I glanced around the place, thinking to myself: "THIS is home! What's she saying here?"

Well, I'm ok. She's ok. She just left an hour ago to head back for her final semester at Southeastern University in Lakeland Florida. For us, that is "away," for her it is "home." But she very much will say that she is "headed home" when she graduates in May. And we will welcome her "home." But let's face it, home IS where the heart is. That's as it should be, and her focus right now is school.

So - we gladly see her off to do what God has called her to do, but we secretly wish for her to come down the hallway in her pajamas around the crack of noon each day, having been up all night the previous day.

And Lord, if I haven't made it clear, I do want you to keep an eye on her. Our son Stephen too, who happens to be going to the very same airport at the very same time on business. Keep 'em safe Lord, and bring 'em back home to us.

Amen.

1 comment: