Thursday, January 20, 2011

Change


Change is tough for most of us. I am pretty much normal in this regard - I get comfortable with things as they are and like them to stay that way. You know, predictable. The thing is, I have always had things in my life which by their very nature are unpredictable. Some of those 'things' are people, one other real unpredictable thing is the fact that I own a business, and still another one is God.

God? You may ask, "how can God be unpredictable? I thought He was the very picture of predictability!" You may even get upset. You wanted my blog to be predictable, and here we are.

But even God himself tells us things like this -

Lamentations 3:22 for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

Psalm 98:1 A psalm. Sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him.

Isaiah 43:19 See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

The "New Covenant" we enjoy, etc.

We truly serve a God who is not afraid of change. Let's embrace it with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment