Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Watch yourself!


So - I have lost fifty pounds since I started last October. It's the new year, and that means I have 14 weeks into Weight Watchers. I lost five pounds before joining WW, so my next big milestone is going to be sixty. Then seventy - etc. See, the problem is: I really was almost one hundred pounds overweight. That qualifies as "morbidly obese." I had a party when I reached "fat," because it was such an improvement.

So - how does a man reach that much extra weight? Well, to quote myself, "I just stopped checking."

I didn't get on a scale anymore. And if I did happen to step on one, I was not really aware of what it was saying: I conveniently lost track of where I was supposed to be and how much I was up. Until one day I got did a Google search and found a chart with recommended body weight by height. There it was - OMG!! I was a hundred pounds high!

So - I thought I would provide a public service to you, my loyal reader. Here is a chart - check yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment