Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wow - I'm old...


Wow - I skipped several days of blogging. I'm sorry! To those of you who read now and then, or daily, or every few hours, would you tell my wife to join the club please?

OK - it has been a whirlwind few days. Hope has sold a couple of spas out of our little store, and I get to do the deliveries now that we have let almost all of our employees go. We were out in Ojai yesterday, and it was a very nice day. The promise of rain, even the forecast for showers, but just a light sprinkle, and then the sun came out. This is Southern California, after all!

But tomorrow is a special day for me. I am going to go have lunch with a friend from High School. Terry was a buddy, a fellow musician, my first flight instructor, he was best man at my wedding, and he and I used to do stuff together, like drive up to San Fransisco and other places just to open up our horizons a little bit. He now is a captain on a Boeing 757 and flies all around the globe!

I won't tell you how long ago I graduated from HS, but suffice to say that this morning I was ruminating about the list of things which had not been invented yet, and it was a pretty long list. OK - Apple Computer was just coming out with it's first product a few miles from where I lived at the time. I think if I go back to my year of birth, you would be amazed at how many amazing advancements humanity lived without. Those were dark days technologically, yet we just didn't know how unhappy we were. Primarily because this "Entitlement Mentality" had also not been invented yet.

So - go enjoy your microwave, color TV, Jet travel, Starbucks, Cell Phone, and the thousand other advancements which we take for granted today. And think of us old folks having lunch tomorrow and reminiscing.

No comments:

Post a Comment