Friday, November 6, 2009

2 Chronicles 7:14


if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

There is so much amazing truth in this promise of God - I really don't have much to add. I didn't say I have 'nothing,' to add, just not much.

First - it is a call to the church.
Second - it is a call to humble ourselves - we are not perfect. I, chief in that regard.
Third - it is a call to repent. Turn means to go a new direction. It implies that you leave something else behind.
Fourth - "Then" means that God is literally waiting to bless us, when we start the process.
Fifth - God is listening. He hears us, He hears us - He hears me, He hears you. You do not weep in the dark alone.
Sixth - His blessings are not just for me, but for me to pass on to those around me. He has enough blessing that if He can get it through me, He can get it to me.

And more - let the Word speak to you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment