Friday, November 6, 2009

Weekstart


Why do we so worship the weekend? I have always worked weekends. When I was in the ministry, Sunday was my big day. Now, as part of the worship team, it is not much less so.

I own a chain of one retail store, and now Saturday is my big day. Sunday would also be our big day but we made a decision long ago to be closed on Sundays.

So I don't get all excited about the 'weekend.' However, my little Chas brain did some work on the word "Weekend" itself, and I realized that as a people, we Americans seem to be excited about putting things behind us, more than we are excited about what lies ahead.

So I thought up the word "Weekstart" to use for Sunday from now on. If you one day see this in the new dictionary, I want you to remember: you heard it here, first.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled life. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment