Sunday, November 15, 2009

Law breakers


I saw an ad for a new SUV which said, "Don't tell small that it can't do big." They were trying to say that their new vehicle was small on the outside, but huge on the inside. Cool. The laws of physics must have finally been repealed. I didn't get the memo. I wonder what other physical laws might no longer apply? Can I eat all the sweets I want and stay healthy and lose weight?

"Honey, I'm staying in bed today and eating!"
"What!?"
"I said I'm staying in bed all day and eating. Get me some ice cream, will ya? I'm starving. And pour some chocolate sauce on it. Any of those cookies left that Tiffany baked last night?"
"You have finally lost it - I'm calling the Pastor..."
"Why, does he have the cookies?"

OK - you and I both know that a car can't be tiny on the outside and huge on the inside. But we do sometimes make similar mistakes with God. I can't run my own life, and have God work through it at the same time. That would be the classic example of being small but expecting big.

No comments:

Post a Comment