Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Good morning world

I have no real study to post today - just thought I would do a quick catch up on "Living with Wolves..."

Hope has been running our store, and doing a pretty good job of it. A few sales here and there help to keep some cash flowing. It mostly flows OUT of our various accounts, but at least there is a little of it to flow... let me correct that: it ALL flows out of our accounts.

Our building has been leased. We have carried this thing for a long time. Any income our spa business might have made was gobbled up greedily by our commercial building on East Main Street in Ventura. That was actually our plan back in the day when our Spa store was putting out huge amounts of profit: we were able to put money into the building instead of sending it off to Uncle Sam or Cousin Arnold. It worked fine for a few years, till the tenant's business went bust, and the economy cut our income to zero. But our new tenant will cover most (but not all) of our monthly costs, and she has a good track record. Her name is Tina and she owns and operates "Pet Barn." Good things for your good friends. Or something like that. She was amazingly careful in looking at every little thing before signing the lease - I am way fine with that: it shows there will be no surprises on either side. We all want Pet Barn to succeed in it's new location!! Shop there, even if you don't have a pet, please.

Hope is leading a couple of small groups at church - 'Life's Healing Choices,' with a video by Rick Warren and a book by John Baker. I am in a similar group on Wednesday nights - accountability has helped me overcome some destructive habits, and I am glad to be part of it. Now - if I can get my schedule free enough to actually BE THERE a couple of more times...

I get up real early and go walking a lot. Not every day - but a lot. I have lost over 65 pounds since October. That's had an amazing impact on my physical well-being. But it is still a challenge, I truly love to eat. I am one of those persons who makes a large batch of food, then sits and eats it. Some people eat until they are satisfied, I eat until I am tired, or usually until I have eaten it all and the bowl or plate has been licked clean. Not anymore. Diabetes, back problems, snoring, sleep apnea, all gone. And that encourages me to keep going.

OK - enough about me - how are YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment