Friday, March 5, 2010

Pass the salt

Last week I was doing a load of white laundry. I like my whites to be white - I don't know why, because nobody SEES the white laundry as I am wearing it. But I do like them to be nice and bright.

So I added bleach to the little bleach dispenser on our "Macho 9000 Super Space/Time Clothing Cleansing Unit" or "washer" as you regular people would call it. I set the Macho 9000 ("Gets your clothes Macho-Clean") to 'whites, extra hot, soil level high,' which runs the thing for like an hour or something.

Anyway, once the load was finally done I heard the little song that it plays to let me know it has once again accomplished the amazing, and I went out to transfer over to the dryer. (Macho 9001). But as I stepped into the laundry room - AKA "family room," AKA "former garage..." - I noticed the overwhelming smell of chlorine. I suppose it is possible that I may have added a bit too much bleach. I don't know - but it sure smelled like an indoor swimming center. The clothes went into the dryer, and then later into the drawer - and they did smell like bleach. I smelled like bleach whenever I would put any of those items on in the morning.

But whatever - at least I had the whitest whites I could. I was fine with it.

But this morning at around 4am I was running a load of whites - and I decided to skip the whole bleach thing and see how it went. Well, I just pulled them out a little while ago and ...grey!! Or 'Gray' if you insist. Point is - NOT WHITE!

I had grabbed a black sock and tossed it in with the load by accident. It was dark, ok? ONE stupid black sock. Looks like I'll be adding bleach again next time... I am SO glad I don't own any red socks!

I guess it's sort of like US. We are supposed to be Salt and Light in our world. We can be the one black sock in the load of white laundry - it's amazing just how much that can change things.

Mark 9:50"Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with each other."

No comments:

Post a Comment