Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What would you do differently?

Today is the day we lay John Woertink to rest.

"Lay to rest."

I don't know where that term had it's genesis, but it is interesting. John may be resting now, free from the pain and suffering of the past six months, but he is not doing that resting in a box in a funeral home, nor will he be doing so in a grave in Camarillo.

We know beyond doubt that John is with the Lord now - when people pass from this life to the next, we often reflect on the day they did so by saying, "we lost John on Saturday night," or something similar. I said it about my parents for a brief time - but then it dawned on me that THAT is also not correct. They were not 'lost,' I knew exactly where they were and are. So it is with John.

I was going to write an obit about John here, but it dawns on me that many of you don't know him or Ruth, or their kids or grandkids, so there would be no real point to it. But suffice to say that John knew Jesus, served Him faithfully, and is with him now and for all of eternity.

So - six months notice. That's what John had. If that 'sentence' was passed on your life today, would you make changes in the way you live?

No comments:

Post a Comment