Monday, November 15, 2010

The meeting


We had our "Annual Business Meeting" at church yesterday. We had lunch of hot dogs and hamburgers, grilled on the patio. That tends to send the smell of cooking food into the church near the end of the service and encourages folks to come out, have lunch and stay for the biz meeting. It worked: we had a good crowd at lunch, good food I might add, and then a good crowd of folks for the meeting.

I was nominated for a second term as a board member. I have lost track of how many three-year terms I have served, but it's up around five or six now. A friend came to console me, saying they tried to vote me out but were sad to hear I had been elected to "another three year sentence."

Well, let's see what the year has in store for us - God cares about us all, and He cares out the church more than we do. So as we continue our search for the right pastor, we trust in Him to guide.

There you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment