Thursday, November 11, 2010

Problem

I had to make a tough choice last night. It has been cold, and that combined with windy conditions a few days out of last week seem to have trigger some sort of reaction with my asthma. I do not generally have trouble with it, I don't have a lot of allergies - really just one or two - and for the most part I can totally live as if I was not an asthmatic. But last night it kicked in with a vengeance. And that's where the choice came in.

I could lay there not able to breath easily - which slowly makes all the muscles sore, and keeps me from sleeping - or I could get up and puff on an inhaler. I sometimes clear up just by getting up and sitting up - sometimes I grab a blanket and go sit in my recliner until I clear up and doze off. Other times just sitting at my computer for an hour will do the trick as I cough and hack and finally everything clears out.

But last night none of it worked. So I toked on the inhaler. Once didn't seem to do it. Twice didn't seem to do it. By the time I was on my third inhalation, I began to get some relief and was pretty happy to put the thing down and climb back into bed breathing freely.

One problem -

The inhaler contains some sort of stimulant. It's about like two cups of coffee. So I got to lay there - breathing freely - and stare at the ceiling until I got up just awhile ago.

Interesting choices come in all colors, shapes, sizes, and types. The trouble with life choices is that we often don't see the results of our decision until much later. And often, it is too late to do anything about it. Aren't you glad that God is outside of time, and has a plan for your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment