Wednesday, December 9, 2009


I don't have a clue what to blog about today. I'm tired of cold weather, sore backs and bouncing trucks. Even dogs carrying shoes around the house just doesn't seem to hold my interest today. Excuse me, I have to go retrieve my shoe from the living room floor -

I'm back.

OK - so I decided to just jot down a note or two about the passage I read in my quiet time this morning. It comes from Revelation, the third chapter, and it was part of a study the men of our church did about a month ago. I am one of those people who takes home the notes from a preacher, teacher or speaker and reads them over, even going so far as to read the passage of the Bible which may have been used - but I like to read the surrounding verses to see if they were taking out of context. I know, I'm a nut you say. Thanks a lot! But true.

So the passage I was looking at started with verse 17: You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

If you go look at the whole chapter, you will see that this is a bunch of notes written to various churches. The passage that I was studying was written to the church at Laodicea. The church, people. Us - believers. Yes, we are being challenged.

Want some true fun? Ask God which of the churches in this part of the Bible YOU are in. And, as the passage above challenges us, ask God to open blinded eyes. The problem I have is not wanting to fix my own problems, I do want that. The problem I have is not knowing that I have them. Show me, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment