Monday, December 14, 2009

Talent


We had a "Christmas Variety and Dessert Theater" last night at our church. It was great fun. I was thinking, as I sat enjoying the acts after my fine comedy routine, that some of these folks really don't have as much talent as they think they do. But I was immediately struck with two thoughts: 1. I may also not be as funny as I think I am, and 2. what better place for people to love and accept each other regardless of the level of talent or ability? Along with that second one was the thought of what better place to BE loved and accepted for just what I am, and what talent I may or may not have?

Once those thoughts made it through my Chas brain, I was free to enjoy the evening much more, and just generally love on the people all around me. I also noticed that it was a kind crowd! They cheered and applauded for every 'act' as if they were all the best thing they had seen or heard. And that warmed my heart. Let's be encouragers - every one of us needs encouragement in our daily existence, and heaven knows the world will do what it can to beat us down. So why not buck that trend? Why not offer a word of encouragement now and then?

OK - I will. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment