Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Our closest planet: Earth


I just saw the Earth, from space. No, I wasn't really there, and I had hoped that by this point in my life I might, but no. So, I put one of those IMAX DVD on my 'new' bigscreen and there is was. It was amazing - and I don't even have all the latest and greatest technology as far as the DVD player yet. But if you have ever gazed at the stars and wondered if there could be any way that we evolved from slime, let me tell you this: yesterday in the space of a few hours I watched some of the best video and film footage of our planet from space, and then I went outside and gazed at a star-filled sky. At that moment I remembered why I love God, why I believe that an intelligent being created us, and why I want to thank Him for doing so.

Look around you today - there are people hurting. It's harder around the holidays for some people. Be aware of that. And be aware that an intelligent being created not only the world we live in, and the space that world is hung in, but the plan laid out for each life around us. And if He didn't scrimp on the details of creation, He won't scrimp on the details of our lives.

Cool, isn't it?

1 comment: