Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Is it on You Tube?

I have an amazing Christmas Light Show in my front yard. Dozens of cars have stopped by to see it - and I hope there are more than one person per car - so I'm going to estimate that hundreds of people have seen the show so far. But if you are not comfortable with that estimate, at least give credit for dozens, and let it go.

OK - so I am excited about the show. My son, daughter-in-law, niece, and a few friends have all pitched in to make it happen, and it's got to be as good or better than anything you have seen on youtube. But when I invite people to drive by and see it, the most common answer I get is a question, "Is it on YouTube?"

In other words, "I'll have my people call your people."

"I'll glance at it someday if I'm bored out of my mind..."

OK - it's quite common for us - humans that is - to get excited about something we have put a lot of work into, and yet we can have trouble getting others around us excited about it. We are all designed to be good at certain things, and sometimes those abilities give us a bent toward finding enjoyment in strange places or in strange ways. And you know what? Sometimes it is our own loss when we don't share the excitement of the people around us.

So - I'm sure you can find our show on line. I don't think it is on YouTube just yet - my son or DIL can help me with an update here - but I know it is on some other video servers. But I'm not going to post those links just yet - because it is really so much better if you drive by, sit in your car and see it first hand. You can tune your stereo to the numbers on the sign out front of the house and then you get the music right in your car. The show has grown to about twenty minutes in length, but even if you sit there for five or ten minutes, you will be glad you did.

And maybe, just maybe, I'll be aiming the video camera out the window at you, and THAT will end up on YouTube....

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment