Thursday, December 17, 2009

Only slightly more to say today...

Well - I was the target of a joke made at my expense. My wife, God bless her little toes, reminded me that one quote which I spout quite often is, "I love attention, ANY kind of attention."

So I had no choice. I smacked her. No, not really. I love my wife, and I always enjoy the harsh, demanding, self-examining things she says. Just not right away - sometimes it can take years to get to that point, but I always do. She was right - I did enjoy the attention.

So - thanks to all of you who have stuck with this blog. Both of you. And let's continue to grow in God as we do the work of the kingdom. And as Christmas rolls around, be aware that there are many people who find more pain than joy at the holiday season. So be ready to be a friend, a comfort, even a listening ear. Harder for guys than the women folk, but needed just as much.

OK - my walking partner is off on a job for a few days, so I am about to embark on a walk with my amazing wife. Honk and wave if you see us out and about - and remember the reason for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment